- This RSS feed URL is deprecatedThis RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Best-selling Reagan author to speak at Eureka dinner - Bloomington Pantagraph
Bloomington PantagraphBest-selling Reagan author to speak at Eureka dinner
EUREKA — Craig Shirley, author of four bestsellers on Ronald Reagan, will be the keynote speaker at a Feb. 2 dinner at Eureka College in honor of the former president's birthday. Reagan, who graduated from Eureka College in 1932, would have turned 107 ...
- Author denies plagiarism in story modelled on Mavis Gallant tale - The Guardian
The GuardianAuthor denies plagiarism in story modelled on Mavis Gallant tale
There, Peter worked as a file clerk with a shy girl called Agnes, who knows a glamorous family, the Burleighs. Peter and Sheilah invite Agnes for an awkward dinner to find out more about the relationship; later, they all attend a party at the Burleighs ...
- David Walliams is biggest selling author of 2017 - Telegraph.co.uk
Telegraph.co.ukDavid Walliams is biggest selling author of 2017
David Walliams was the biggest-selling author of 2017, overtaking JK Rowling with sales of more than £16 million from his children's books. The writer and television presenter outsold fellow children's authors Julia Donaldson and Philip Pullman ...
- Gospel pioneer, co-author of 'Oh Happy Day' Edwin Hawkins dies - Las Vegas Review-Journal
Las Vegas Review-JournalGospel pioneer, co-author of 'Oh Happy Day' Edwin Hawkins dies
Las Vegas Review-Journal
NEW YORK — Edwin Hawkins, the gospel star best known for the crossover hit “Oh Happy Day” and as a major force for contemporary inspirational music, died Monday at age 74. Hawkins died at his home in Pleasanton, California. He had been suffering from ...
and more »
- Anchorage author chronicles 8-year friendship with Dizzy Gillespie - Alaska Public Radio Network
Alaska Public Radio NetworkAnchorage author chronicles 8-year friendship with Dizzy Gillespie
Alaska Public Radio Network
The inclusive language in the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s “I have a dream” speech may stand in stark contrast to the climate of political and racial divide in America in 2018. But Monday's holiday, dedicated to Dr. King, is a good opportunity to ...
- Historian and 'Sierra Railway' author to visit The Avid Reader - Davis Enterprise
Davis EnterpriseHistorian and 'Sierra Railway' author to visit The Avid Reader
The Avid Reader welcomes back Davis author Stephen D. Mikesell for a reading, discussion and signing of his railroad history, “Sierra Railway,” at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 25. The bookstore is at 617 Second St. in downtown Davis. The Sierra Railway is ...
and more »
- Romantic musings: Hixson author signs book deal with Harlequin - Chattanooga Times Free Press
Chattanooga Times Free PressRomantic musings: Hixson author signs book deal with Harlequin
Chattanooga Times Free Press
The routine of everyday life might seem like an unlikely route to publishing a romance novel, but the strategy has worked for local author Carol Opalinski, pen name Carrie Nichols. At age 62, she has sold her first romance novel, "The Marine's Secret ...
- Author: Scalia 'fascinated' by then-candidate Trump's outspokenness - The Hill
The HillAuthor: Scalia 'fascinated' by then-candidate Trump's outspokenness
The author of a new book about Antonin Scalia says the late Supreme Court justice was fascinated by then-candidate Donald Trump · Donald John TrumpHouse Democrat slams Donald Trump Jr. for 'serious case of amnesia' after testimony Skier Lindsey Vonn: I ...
Scalia's Co-Author Says Late Justice Spoke Favorably of Trump's Presidential Run
Washington Free Beacon
Author: Scalia Thought Trump Was 'Refreshing' Candidate
Newsmax all 11 news articles »
- Author Edwidge Danticat On The Immigrant Experience : NPR - NPRAuthor Edwidge Danticat On The Immigrant Experience : NPR
NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro speaks with Haitian-American author Edwidge Danticat about her experience as a Haitian immigrant after President Trump referred to her country using a vulgar term.
and more »
- Children's author from Accomack County wins NAACP Image Award - Delmarva Daily TimesChildren's author from Accomack County wins NAACP Image Award
Delmarva Daily Times
An author and illustrator who grew up in Accomack County beat out a handful of talented authors -- including a basketball legend -- to win the award for outstanding literary work for children at the 49th NAACP Image Awards on Sunday. Vashti Harrison ...